Please read carefully!
- Email the MGC Corresponding Secretary (MassasoitGunClub@gmail.com) to sign up for a spot in the next “New Member Orientation” held every 3rd Monday of the month (less holidays). Download and fill out a New Member Application and submit it to the club in person at the scheduled NMO. (Once you are a member you can do online renewals).
- Provide proof of a clean record with one of the following:
- Bureau of Criminal Investigations check from State Attorney General’s Office ($5.00 to BCI).
- Or – A receipt showing a gun purchased within 90 days along with the matching gun. The serial number must be on the receipt and the gun brought to the NMO must match the receipt.
- Or – A valid license to carry from MA, RI, CT, or the United States Government.
- And a valid government issued Photo ID.
- You will be asked to demonstrate safe gun handling with your firearm so it is strongly suggested you read the manual, be familiar and comfortable with your firearm. You will be required to fire your firearm in the presence of a Range Officer. Bring 50 rounds of the correct ammunition for your firearm with you. The Range Officer will observe you and certify that you are safe or recommend that you need additional instruction before your membership is approved.
- If you are approved, payment of $100 initiation fee, plus $250 annual dues**, plus $50 assessment fee, plus $20 dollars for Member Access Card, and proof of NRA membership will be required (current NRA membership card or the cover from one of your NRA magazines with your name on it are considered valid proof). If you do not have a Current NRA membership, you can join the NRA on that same night, during the sign-up process at the club. The cost of the discounted NRA membership for one year is currently $35, and other longer plan are available at a higher cost. We only accept payments in cash and checks.
- The club is Located @ 21 Abraham Road, Riverside, RI 02915.
**Annual dues for NEW MEMBERS are prorated from February through December. The Dues payable are for the Calendar Year, which runs from January 1st, through December 31st of any year. Anyone joining prior to the end of a calendar year, must pay the dues remaining for that year, along with the Initiation Fee, Card Fee, and Assessment, in order to use the club until the end of that year and on January 1st, the new dues year begins. The billing cycle for the next year begins after the dues are set at the Annual Meeting in October, and must be paid in full by January 31st of the next year.